Teflon is a polymer compound obtained by polymerizing tetrafluoroethylene. Its structure is simply -[-CF2-CF2-]n-, which has excellent chemical stability and corrosion resistance. It is corrosion resistant in the world today. One of the best performance materials, in addition to molten alkali metal, chlorine trifluoride, chlorine pentafluoride and liquid fluorine, can withstand all other chemicals, and is widely used in various applications where acid and alkali resistance and organic solvents are required. Sealed, highly lubricated and non-tacky, electrically insulating and good anti-aging ability, excellent temperature resistance (can work for a long time at temperatures from 250 ° C to minus 180 ° C).
Its production solves many problems in the fields of chemical industry, petroleum, pharmaceuticals, etc. Teflon has chemical corrosion resistance compared with other plastics, and it has been widely used as a sealing material and a filling material. Nowadays, all kinds of Teflon products have played a pivotal role in the national economy such as chemical industry, machinery, electronics, electrical appliances, military industry, aerospace, environmental protection and bridges.
1. High temperature resistance - use working temperature up to 250 °C.
2, low temperature resistance - has good mechanical toughness; even if the temperature drops to -196 ° C, can maintain 5% elongation.
3, corrosion resistance - for most chemicals and solvents, showing inertness, strong acid and alkali, water and various organic solvents.
4, weather resistance - the best aging life in plastic.
5, high lubrication - is the lowest friction coefficient in solid materials.
6, non-adhesive - is the smallest surface tension in solid materials, does not adhere to any substance.
7, non-toxic - physiologically inert, as a long-term implantation of artificial blood vessels and organs without adverse reactions.
8, electrical insulation - can withstand 1500 volts high voltage.
9. Resistance to atmospheric aging: Irradiation resistance and low permeability: long-term exposure to the atmosphere, surface and performance remain unchanged.
10. Non-combustibility: The oxygen limit index is below 90.
11, acid and alkali resistance: insoluble in strong acids, strong bases and organic solvents (including magic acid, that is, fluoroanthracenesulfonic acid).
12. Oxidation resistance: It can resist the corrosion of strong oxidants.
13, weather resistance
Teflon has extremely high chemical resistance. For example, it is boiled in concentrated sulfuric acid, nitric acid, hydrochloric acid and even in aqua regia. Its weight and properties are unchanged, and it is almost insoluble in most solvents, only above 300 °C. Slightly soluble in total alkanes (about 0.1 g / 100 g). PTFE does not absorb moisture, is non-combustible, and is extremely stable to oxygen and ultraviolet rays, so it has excellent weather resistance.
14. Electrical Properties - Teflon has low dielectric constant and dielectric loss over a wide frequency range, and high breakdown voltage, volume resistivity and arc resistance.
15. Radiation resistance performance - PTFE has poor radiation resistance (104 rad), which is degraded by high-energy radiation, and the electrical and mechanical properties of the polymer are significantly reduced.
Teflon application field
Teflon is widely used in high-low temperature, in the industries of atomic energy, national defense, aerospace, electronics, electrical, chemical, machinery, instrumentation, instrumentation, construction, textile, metal surface treatment, pharmaceutical, medical, textile, food, metallurgical smelting, etc. Corrosion-resistant materials, insulating materials, anti-stick coatings, etc., make it an irreplaceable product.