There are three ways of cross-linking in the cable industry: chemical cross-linking (CV), silane cross-linking (SV), and radiative cross-linking (RP).Radiative crosslinking is an absolute advantage in small and medium size wire and cable insulation modification.
The comprehensive performance test of the product includes:
(1) determination of crosslinking degree.Because the heat resistance and solvent resistance of wire and cable are closely related to the crosslinking degree of insulation.Generally, there are two main methods to characterize the degree of insulation cross-linking of wires and cables:
A) gel content determination, with a percentage greater than 75%;
B) thermal elongation and residual deformation rate under specified conditions, thermal elongation shall not be greater than 175%, and residual deformation rate shall be less than 4%.
(2) mechanical performance test.Including tensile strength, usually greater than 12.5Mpa;Break elongation >200%.
(3) aging life.According to the working temperature of wire and cable insulation using selected fluidized conditions (such as working temperature is 125 ℃, aging temperature for 158 + 2 ℃, the period of 168 h), the strength and elongation percentage of retention is more than 75% after aging.
(4) electrical properties.Volume resistivity, dielectric strength, dielectric constant, dielectric loss, partial discharge.
(5) other relevant performance tests.