Demand For Charging Piles Continues To Increase, Up 67.0% Year-on-year

- Oct 18, 2019-

According to data released by China Electric Charging Infrastructure Promotion Alliance, as of September 2019, the members of the alliance reported a total of 466,000 public charging piles, including 271,000 AC charging piles and 195,000 DC charging piles. Pile 549.


In September 2019, compared with August 2019, the number of public charging piles increased by 10 million. From October 2018 to September 2019, the monthly average number of public charging piles was about 15,000, and in September 2019, it increased by 63.7%.


Demand for charging piles continues to increase, up 67.0% year-on-year


The charging pile is similar in function to the tanker inside the gas station. It can be fixed on the ground or wall, installed in public buildings (public buildings, shopping malls, public parking lots, etc.) and residential parking lots or charging stations. It can be based on different voltage levels. Charge various types of electric vehicles.

      

The input end of the charging post is directly connected to the AC grid, and the output end is equipped with a charging plug for charging the electric vehicle. The charging pile generally provides two charging modes of normal charging and fast charging. One can use a specific charging card to swipe the card on the human-computer interaction interface provided by the charging pile, and perform corresponding charging mode, charging time, cost data printing and the like. The charging pile display can display data such as charge amount, cost, and charging time.

      

At present, the public charging infrastructure construction area is relatively concentrated. The public charging infrastructure of the top ten provinces and cities Jiangsu, Beijing, Guangdong, Shanghai, Shandong, Zhejiang, Anhui, Hebei, Hubei, and Tianjin accounted for 75.3%.

      

At the same time, the public charging infrastructure is also highly charged. The national charging power is mainly concentrated in Guangdong, Jiangsu, Shaanxi, Sichuan, Fujian, Hubei, Zhejiang, Beijing, Shandong, Shanghai, Hunan, Henan, Shanxi, Anhui, Chongqing and other provinces. The main flow of electricity is mainly buses, passenger cars. There is also a large proportion, and other types of vehicles such as sanitation logistics vehicles and taxis are relatively small. In September 2019, the total charge of electricity in the country was about 495 million kWh, an increase of 0.5 million kWh from the previous month.

 

However, the number of charging piles is increasing, but many users still face charging problems. According to the data, as of September 2019, the information on the piles of about 962,600 vehicles was sampled by the vehicle manufacturers in the alliance. Among them, 313,400 charging facilities were not equipped with the vehicle, and the overall unmatched rate was 32.56%. The three factors that the group users built their own piles, the property does not cooperate with the residential area, and there is no fixed parking space in the residential area are the main reasons for not building the charging facilities with the vehicle, accounting for 70.4%, and the remaining reasons account for 29.6%.

      

On a cumulative basis, in the first nine months of 2019, the charging infrastructure increased by 307,000 units, an increase of 38.2% year-on-year. The public charging infrastructure and on-board charging facilities grew steadily. As of September 2019, the cumulative number of national charging infrastructure was 1.115 million units, an increase of 67.0% year-on-year.

https://www.swellcable.com